Italian Vegetable Farro Bowl
- 1lb of brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 red onion sliced in rings 1/4″ thick
- 2 carrots cut in 1/4″ circles
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 a package to full package of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
- 1 Cup of Farro
- 1 Lemon
- 1 TSP of olive oil
- 1 TSP dried parsley or italian seasoning
- 1/2 cuo of toasted almonds or pine Nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup of parmesan cheese
- Chop the vegetables as suggested above.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the vegetables in a baking sheet and top with olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix the vegetables so that they are covered in oil. Spread the vegetables to form one layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 18-20 minutes, stir halfway.
- Meanwhile cook the 1 cup farro per instructions from package. Drain any excess water.
- While the above are cooking zest and juice one lemon. Set aside both.
- Once farro is done toss in lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, toasted almonds or pine nuts, 1 tsp of parsley or Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Place roasted vegetables with cooked farro. Mix vegetable and farro and distribute evenly between 4 bowls. Top with parmesan cheese.