I have been busy in the kitchen this week. I am proud to present this recipe. This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Just reheat and drizzle the bbq sauce and ranch dressing when ready to eat.
Cazin’s Creole Bowl
- 1 TBSP of Grape Seed Oil
- 1 – Package of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower and Broccoli Mix
- 4 Medium Carrots cut into ¼” circles
- 1 – Zucchini – Cut into ¼” Moons
- 1 – Yellow Onion – Cut in half, then cut into thin slices
- 2 – Garlic Cloves Sliced
- 2 TBSP of Creole Seasoning
- 1 – 14 oz. Can of Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 – 8oz package of Farro
- 1 package of baby kale
- 1- Medium Lemon – Zested and Juiced
- 2 TBSP of BBQ Sauce
- 2 TBSP of Bolthouse or Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat Oven to 425 – Spread Broccoli, Cauliflower, Onion, Zucchini, and Garlic on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 TBSP of oil, 1 TBSP of creole seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss until well coated. Roast in oven for 18-20 minutes or until carrots are softened.
- Cook Farro as suggested on the package. Drain. Add lemon zest, beans and half of the baby kale. Cook over low heat until the kale wilts and beans are heated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For each bowl place 1 cup of the farro mixture, top with 1/2 cup of roasted vegetables, 1 tsp of Creole Seasoning, 1 tsp of lemon juice. Stir until blended. Then drizzle 2 tsp of bbq and ranch dressing on top.
This serves 4 people. Serving Size: 1.5 cups. Calories – 423, Fat – 5.8 g, Saturated – .8 g, Protein – 16.8 g, Carbs 74.3 g. Sodium 576.5 mg