This recipe is a take off of a Thai soup i recently had. It is packed full of protein, and a great winter meal. This soup is completely vegan. It is easy to make, and requires little time. It is great to make ahead and then reheat.
- 1 TBSP of Grape Seed Oil
- 1 – yellow onion chopped
- 5 Medium Carrots chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- ½ cup of lentils
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 – 14 oz. Can of Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 – 14 oz can of black beans (drained)
- 1 – 14 oz can of garbanzo beans (drained)
- 2- limes – Zested and Juiced
- 2 -14 oz cans of low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of cilantro roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Over medium heat in a stock pot, heat the grape seed oil. Add the onion, and carrots. Cook until the onions sweat and the carrots start to soften. 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, and ginger cook until fragrant. 2-3 more minutes. Add vegetable broth and lentils. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to simmer 20 minutes.
- Add beans, and coconut milk. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add zest of both limes and the juice of one lime. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with cilantro, and serve with a wedge of lime.
This serves 4 people. Serving Size: 2 cups. Calories – 686, Fat – 22.3 g, Saturated – 18 g, Protein – 27.6 g, Carbs 95.2 g. Sodium 1125.7 mg